Clash of Clans Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clash of Clans Forum-Forums for the mobile app Clash of Clans by Super Cell. Our forum clan is called Lethal Talent.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontius

Pontius

Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer   Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:24 pm

From: http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/301605-Hardcore-Farming-for-the-Casual-Farmer?highlight=clan+guide+composition

My entire CoC life I have considered myself to be somewhat of a 'hardcore' player. I'm currently a TH9 and after 1 year of playing (never gemmed build times, but I have boosted) I have all buildings maxed, just 28 walls left till all L9. I have 800,000,000+ gold grab, 2,600,000 heroic heist and my AQ is L18 and BK is L16. I've also been to Champion League as a TH9.

Until TH8 I always used mass archer raids to get loot. When I became TH8 and my barbs became L5 I learned the BArch strategy. I've used it since then and now as TH8 I run 100B/100A/10WB BArch. However lately I've been incredibly busy in RL and the past 2 months my activity in game has dropped significantly. My builders would become idle as I didn't have time to BArch the loot I needed in the time I had. I had become what I always referred to as a 'casual' player. This is when I decided to experiment with new army compositions that were stronger than BArch and had a little longer build time that would help me acquire better resources during my play time.

I had seen a few players using a Giant/Hog army and I messed around with compositions until I found the perfect army for myself. After sharing a handful of raids with my clan they urged me to make a strategy guide for it, and it completely excelled against traditional 'anti-hog' layouts.. So here goes....

This army is reliant on heal spells, and for that reason it can't be used by itself, unless the player utilizing the army is offline for hours at a time in between each raid. If I have time to raid nonstop I will do 1 of my giant/hog army raids and then while the spells train I will run 2-3 BArch raids. Then near the time another Giant/Hog army finishes training spells will be ready.

Army Composition per barracks.

3 wizards 3 wizards 2 wizards 2 wizards
2 giants 2 giants 3 giants 3 giants
2 WBreaks 2 WBreaks 3 WBreaks 3 WBreaks
5 Barbs 5 Barbs 5 Barbs 5 Barbs
5 Archer 5 Archer 15 Archer 15 Archer

Put 5 hogs in each Dark Barrack.

this army takes 34 minutes to train and gives 10 giants, 10 hogs, 10 WBs, 10 wizards, 20 barbs and, 40 archers.
spells are 1 light and 3 heal. The light is optional, I like it in case 30-35 archers roll out of a CC.

Strategy:
this army is designed to hit high level TH8 bases all the way up to TH10 bases. Multi mode infernos are a problem and should be avoided by hogs (will give details later in guide.) L6 giants are perfectly fine for handling multi mode infernos. However this guide excels for raiding fully maxed TH9 bases for huge loot!

The deployment of this army is based off a specific timing, however it is incredibly simple.

1. Initially you want to lure any heros or CC troops the base has to a corner and quickly dispose of them with a handful of barbs archers and 1-2 wizards if needed. The corner you lure them to is important because you want to be sure that's the side you're going to attack from, or else troops left over will be wasted without a meat shield.

2. As the heros, and CC are near wrapped up you want to deploy a single giant in the direction of the nearest defense. Once defenses lock to the giant deploy enough wall breakers to get him inside the first walls, then deploy the final 9 giants behind the first.

3. At this point you will want to start dropping archers and barbs in small numbers to clear out non-defensive buildings outside the walls. Be sure to keep an eye on your giants. Your hog deployment is quickly approaching.

4. As soon as the giants start
moving toward their second defensive target to take down drop your 10 hogs in a single line so that they head for what would have otherwise become the giants third target. This deployment is key. It will disrupt the giants AI pathing and force your giants to the core. From this point on you will follow the hogs and heal them as needed so that their usefulness is optimized and they keep the barbs and archers circling the base alive.

5. Are your giants heading to the core? Good. It's now hero and wizard time. Deploy your BK and AQ as close to the base as possible so that they follow the giants inside. To give them added encouragement drop the wizards around your heros so they clear buildings inside the walls on the outer shell if the base. This will keep your heros looking smart and walking to the core.

6. Use your BKs rage once he has entered the second layer of the base IF NEEDED. If the rage is not yet needed save it for the core. That's where the goodies are. :-) Only use your AQs ability if a strong defense targets her and it's not currently being mowed down by giants. Nothing worse than triggering her ability because a cannon targets her, then 1/3 of a second later the cannon is destroyed. What a waste!

7. At this stage of the game you just need to watch the loot, and your heros health. If your heros (like mine) sleep for 2+ hours when dead feel free to cancel the raid as soon as losing hero health is no longer economical. Why waste a full 2-3 hours of hero regen for 20,000 gold when the hero can get you 200,000 in another raid?

8. Don't forget how versatile this army is, if you find an inactive base that only needs 1/3 of your troops you can drop 1-2 giants here and there backed by a few barbs and archers to take the loot you want, then leave without wasting hogs, spells or wizards.

Check out the link above if you want pictures since it's a pain in the dick to post pictures here.
Back to top Go down
DarkSteel
Admin
DarkSteel

Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer   Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Interesting army composition.  My hogs are only lvl 2, so I haven't used a lot of hogs in my armies yet.  I'll definitely give it a shot once I hit TH9 and get my AQ!    geek
Back to top Go down
https://clashofclans.forumotion.co.uk

Hardcore Farming for the Casual Farmer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clash of Clans Forums :: Lethal Talent Forums :: CoC General Chat-
Jump to: